Become a Hospice Volunteer
September 5, 2017
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Six Sussex County Classes will run from 10:00 a.m. – 12 Noon
Tuesday and Friday mornings, September 5, 8, 12, 15, 19 and 22 graduating on Tuesday, September 26th.
Classes will be held at: The Joseph T. Quinlan Bereavement Center, 5 Plains Road, Augusta, NJ 07822
Course topics include:
- Presentations from Hospice Nurse, Social Worker, Bereavement Counselor and Chaplain
- Ways to support others and ourselves when faced with a terminal illness.
- The social, emotional, spiritual and physical needs of the dying person and their family.
- Upon completion, participants are Certified Hospice Volunteers
- Hospice Volunteers are also welcomed to participate in agency fundraisers, administrative assistance and/or a member of Friends of Karen Ann Quinlan Hospice.
- Hospice Volunteers have the option of working in their communities and establishing their own schedules with allowable services they are willing to provide for the organization.
- To be an active patient care volunteer, individuals shall not have experienced a significant loss within the last year.
For information and required registration please call Sue Dougherty, Volunteer Coordinator at 973-383-0115 or 800-882-1117. Or email her at email@example.com.
Please click here to register for the class today.
Seeing an error? Please contact us directly at 1-800-882-1117 for assistance.